Film Music Academy - Helping Film and Video Game Composers growA Community and Resource for Film and Game Composers
Christian Andersson Award winning Swedish Film & Game Composer
Christian’s recent achievements include being selected as a finalist in both The Great American Song Contest and The International Songwriting Contest (being one of 15,000 entries, the most competitive year to date!). The result of the latter is to be announced this month!
He has enjoyed a lot of success in just 3 short years. FMA ask him the questions you need to know if you wish to emulate his success. He offers tips on, what it takes to get your music licensed for the first time and tells us about his Tools and Creative processes. The interview has been split into 3 parts: Technical, Music Business & Creative Process…
What is Film Music Academy?
Film Music Academy is a new online community for composers of all backgrounds and abilities looking to develop and improve
(or maybe just indulge) their passion of composing for film, tv, games and other digital media.We plan to create a one stop learning zone for those involved in the creation of film music. We hope to offer a window and for some a door into the industry.
We will be gathering information on everything from the Creational proccess and Technical skills to Business and marketing your music. The site is still in its early stages and we would be grateful for any feedback or suggestions. If you are involved in the industry as a composer, film maker, publisher, music educator, sound designer, music library or licensing agency, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for experts to write short articles and guides on all of these things to be of use to aspiring composers. Please do get in touch if you feel you have anything you'd like to contribute or see added to the site.
Site plans and features
- Interviews from composers and people already working in the industry
- Tips and guides on the music business and promoting your wares
- Read and discuss all the latest news from the film music industry
- Network and collaborate with aspiring Composers, Sound designers and Film makers
- Share video links and resources for practice scoring.
- Browse our reviews and lists of educational products and services relating to film scoring and sound design.
- Read tutorials and guides and learn the terminology used by professional film composers.
- Already experienced? Help by writing guides of your own (Email below)
- We will feature an Online Directory of composers, sound designers and film makers and how to enlist their services.
- Become a "Spotlight Artist". (Available to professional composers). Be interviewed and featured and let us help promote your music and website. If you wish to be featured please send a sample of your work and a Bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
All this and much more Coming soon to Film-Music-Academy.com
Keep your eyes on this space.
Feedback? Suggestions of things you’d like to see included?